CALVS is run by one veterinarian, Dr. Dianne Johnson. To streamline phone calls, Dr. Johnson uses a pre-recorded online phone service. When you call toll-free 1-802-417-2111, there are 3 options to choose from:
- Speak with Dr. Johnson during normal business hours (Mon-Fri 7:30am-5pm) – with this option, you may still get Dr. Johnson’s voicemail if she is on another call or has inadequate cell phone reception. Use this option to talk to Dr. Johnson on the same day.
- Leave a voicemail message – if you need to make an appointment for a future date and/or the matter is non-urgent, choose this option. Dr. Johnson will return calls when she has both time and good cell-phone reception.
- Emergency –
- Established Veterinary Client/Patient Relationship required for this service.
- Choose this option to PAGE Dr. Johnson. When you are put through to Dr. Johnson’s pager, dial in your phone number after the prompt.
- Dr. Johnson only rarely asks another veterinary practice to cover emergency calls, if this is the case at the time of your call, you may be redirected to an alternate veterinary emergency service. If you are redirected to an alternate veterinary practice, please also let them know that you are a regular CALVS client.
Non-urgent messages may also be sent by e-mail to Dr. Johnson.